A few weeks ago, ITQ went with a large team of 33 colleagues to VMworld Europe 2018. VMware took us on a 4-day journey of technology and innovations. A journey to help our costumer’s build or improve a software-defined business. VMworld Europe 2018 took place in the beautiful city of Barcelona from the 5th until the 8th of November. Most of us arrived on Sunday, so we could attend the VMware partner sessions and workshops on Monday. In these sessions and workshops, VMware employees share what they learned at costumers. In order for us to better help our customers. After an interesting first day, we got together for dinner, and taste the delicious Catalan cuisine. After dinner, it was time for the BeLux reception.
It was a cozy reception with many BeLux customers and partners. It was a great opportunity to network. Big thank you to the VMware BeLux Marketing team for organizing the event!
Kim Bottu, our vExpert Pro in Belgium and Stijn Depril from VMware (Captain vSAN) had a good time!
Tuesday started with an interesting general session: Technology Super Powers with Pat Gelsinger. He talked about a lot of topics, but what we loved was to use TECH as a force for good. He talked about how VMware technologies help the Red Cross and Mercy Ships to do good.
He also announced that VMware is now Carbon Neutral, that’s 2 years ahead of schedule!
We can’t cover all the announcements in detail from the general session but here is a short list:
- VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF) 3.5: supporting more use cases
- Hybrid Cloud: VMware embraces the hybrid cloud and works closely with IBM Cloud.
IBM is delivering a highly available mission-critical cloud (with 99,99% uptime).
Supporting VMs and Cloud Native App (Kubernetes) on VMware technology.
- Amazon Relation Database Services: (RDS) on VMware Cloud on AWS
- Acquisition of Cloud Health: Expanding the public cloud operations platform
- Acquisition of Heptio: delivering simplified Kubernetes-services
- VMware Cloud Pivotal Container Service: delivering PKS services on VMware Cloud on AWS, Google, and Azure.
You can review the general session Technology Super Powers online.
In the afternoon it was time for the EUC Keynote. It was a great session with a lot of announcements and impressive demos. The most important announcements were:
- Complete JMP platform is supported on AWS: Horizon 7 Instant Clones, App Volumes, and User Environment Manager
- Dell Provisioning for Workspace ONE now with Dell ProDeploy Client Suite
- Integration with Flexera AdminStudio for Easy Win32 App Publishing
- Consolidated Monitoring and Management: Offering a single pane of glass for Cloud and on-premise environments
- Workspace ONE Intelligence Automation Connector: the connector provides a way for customers to connect automated actions with their existing systems.
The session was recorded and you can review it online. After the EUC keynote, Brian Madden organized an event: EUC Community Tech Talks. You might know Brian Madden from Briforum and brianmadden.com. It was an event, in which community speakers presented something EUC in a different way.
One of the sessions was presented by Johan Van Amersfoort, our EUC Architect, and Author of the VDI Design Guide. He presented an exciting session about running an F1 Simulator on VDI!
After the EUC Community Tech Talks, it was time for the Dutch VMware customer reception. It was a festive reception. There were many Dutch customers and partners which gave an excellent opportunity to network and meet new people. Big thank you to our fellow sponsors: Fondo, Visolity and VMware.
In the afternoon, Ruurd Keizer presented at the PKS Partner Prime session. He is our Cloud-Native App guru, and he talked about his experiences with PKS.
Johan van Amersfoort gave another session on Wednesday. He presented Designing a VDI, the VCDX way. You can review his session online.
After the sessions, it was time for the Customer Appreciation party. The Rolling Stones cover band and The Kooks gave their best. It was an amazing party!
On Thursday Francisco Perez presented about the 4 VMware Master Competencies. ITQ was the first VMware partner worldwide to achieve all 4 Master Competencies!
Maarten Caus made a vlog with Stijn Depril from VMware about his VMworld experience. He talks about his EUC highlights. You can watch it online.
VMworld 2018 was a great event. Would you like to know how the newly announced innovations can help your business? Are you interested in joining us for VMworld 2019? Don’t hesitate to contact us!